Tithing testimony

That's a lovely testimony John. I did take what you said before seriously as I thought maybe if I did that God would lift me out of the ditch I'm in health & wealth wise. Maybe. So thanks for making me think and pray about this... 
During the financial crisis in 2009, I had just finished a lucrative contract in France with PSA Peugeot Citroen.  My last invoice was a whopper as I'd run a financial euro conversion for them for a couple of small countries joining the Euro, I was paid €1000 for doing an all nighter to do the actual conversion - I remember driving home shattered the next morning but glad about my earnings!  But that very day companies were letting go consultants en mass because of the financial crisis. I was now out of work, so feeling the panic I didn't tithe on that months income (5 figures I think with that one big night - this is gross, I was a contractor, not on a salary).  Yet now out of work I was spending my cash on decorating our flat, money that I should have tithed.  I was getting through my cash, I'd used the big invoice to pay off a couple of credit cards I used to plug the gaps in my cashflow - on a new contract sometimes I'd invoice at the end of the month, they'd then take 30 days to pay - so 2 months of travel expenses etc with no income - I used my credit cards!  But new work wasn't forth coming - I was just about to go into the red having been spending on decorating, then that morning at church, the pastor gave an offering talk - literally the 1st words out of his mouth were 'bring the whole tithe' (Malachi 3.16). I felt convicted. I used my newly paid off credit card to pay what I should have paid - about 700€ (I used to tithe gross on my invoices, but contractor pay works differently in France).
That weekend, 3500€ came at us from all directions - 5 times what I'd given!!
That helped as it was a patchy year - I think I had 5 months work all year - my agent told me I was one of the lucky (blessed) ones!  I'd used up the limit of month's grace on my mortgage and other credit available - I'd had only 2 weeks work since the PSA contract had finished end of Jan.  Then at the 11th hour I got an amazing contract with Sanofi-Aventis that started with 3 weeks work in Frankfurt - they paid for an apart hotel for the duration so my wife and baby son (18 this month!) could be with me in Frankfurt plus fuel expenses - and all just in time to get our mortgage back up to date! All that blessing - yet no tithe since that one in Jan (that £3500 had kept us afloat - we'd even manged a holiday in the south of france paid for with vouchers from my wife's job prior to quitting to have our son - french employers give their staff holiday vouchers! Blessed indeed.
Am preaching to myself here - it's good to remember what God can do when we're obedient and honour him... maybe I do need to do things differently...! 🤷🏻‍♂️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing Scriptures

The Woman with the flow of blood healed by touching the hem of Jesus' garment represents the end of the flow of the blood of sheep and goats for the atonement of the sins of Israel!

Child of Hell, Child of Heaven