Jesus came as a servant not a King

Singing a song 'The King is in the Room'...
For the 3rd time recently I've felt unable to sing along to a song in church.
Sure Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords, but I find language like that makes me feel he's distant and unreachable. Like our own King - I've never seen him with my own eyes, I've no idea where he is and how to get in touch with him. I could write a letter and get an answer from a courtier.

If he was in the room, we might well bow down, or would we - when he appeared to his disciples, he was just one of them, he made them breakfast... before he died, he washed their feet...

I might be wrong but the only time he was acknowledged asking was the sign above his head on the cross when he was crucified

I may 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing Scriptures

Child of Hell, Child of Heaven

The Woman with the flow of blood healed by touching the hem of Jesus' garment represents the end of the flow of the blood of sheep and goats for the atonement of the sins of Israel!